The Children’s Cancer Foundation, Inc.’s 33rd Annual Gala was held November 4th, 2017.
Over $1 million was awarded in CCF Pediatric Cancer Grants:
- Patrick Hanley, Ph.D., Children’s National Medical Center
- Joanna Kitlinska, Ph.D., Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center
- Michael Koldobskiy, M.D., Ph.D., Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Brian Ladle, M.D., Ph.D., Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Eric Raabe, M.D., Ph.D., Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Jeffrey Rubens, M.D., Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Haneen Shalabi, D.O. (5th Annual Giant Food NextGen Award), National Cancer Institute
- Jeffrey Toretsky, M.D. (3rd Annual Force 3 Fellowship Award), Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center
- Aykut Üren, M.D., Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center
Mark Viviano hosted the evening, which was held at Martin’s Valley Mansion and attended by nearly 600 guests. Debbie Phelps presented the Hero Award to The Jake Offutt Foundation and the Fighter Award to Regency Furniture.
CCF Presented the 2017 Gift of Life Award ROSS Companies. Accepting the Award on behalf of ROSS is Dave Miskovich, ROSS Chief Executive Officer.
Guests enjoyed authentic tastes of Maryland and the great sounds of NightLife.
View more images from the evening here.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company
Baltimore Sun Media Group
DPI Specialty Foods
Johns Hopkins Medicine
N.E.C.A. Maryland Chapter
Children’s National Health System
Complete Landscaping Service
Leadiant Biosciences, Inc.
M & T Bank
Offit Kurman, P.A.
Shoppers Food & Pharmacy
Maryland Proton Treatment Center
ASR Group – Domino Sugar
Azrael, Franz, Schwab & Lipowitz, LLC
The Brandao Insurance Group
Cohn Reznick, LLP
Coinmach Service Corporation
East Coast Fresh
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer
Harbor Investment Advisory LLC
Herman & Walter Samuelson Children’s Hospital at Sinai
Johns Hopkins Division of Pediatric Oncology
Lancaster Foods LLC
Keystone Electric Company
Malvin, Riggins & Company, P.C.
Marcus & Millichap
Maryland State Troopers Association
McCormick & Company
Merrick Towle Communications
Potomac Sprout Company
The Jake Offutt Foundation
Castle Sprinkler & Alarm, Inc.
Silent Auction Sponsors
The Children’s Inn at NIH
Raine & Son, LLC
The 2016 CCF 32nd Gala
On Saturday, October 29, 2016, CCF granted over $900,000 to eight area researchers to pursue and continue their research in pediatric cancer. CCF awarded the following:
$325,000 to researchers at Johns Hopkins Hospital
$150,000 to The Children’s National Health System
CCF awarded $33,000 to The Children’s Inn to fund a Respite Weekend for children battling cancer and other rare diseases as well as to fund an Education Program for young residents at the Inn.
CCF Awarded $20,000 to The University of Maryland in support of the Magic Castle at the Maryland Proton Treatment Center.
Giant Food presented a $500,000 check to CCF to continue to invest in research.
Over 400 guests enjoyed the sounds of The Stranger, the tastes of New York, and the sights of the City
Couldn’t join us?
It’s not too late to Make a Difference… Click here to make a donation
More Gala Photos