MORE THAN $36.6 MILLION AWARDED IN GRANTS BY THE CHILDREN’S CANCER FOUNDATION, INC.
2017 Pediatric Cancer Research Awardees – to be announced in late July/early August 2017.
Request for applications to the 2018 Pediatric Cancer Research Award will open around March 2018, with the deadline about the end of May. Announcements are made in July.
Medical Awards Presented in 2016
The Johns Hopkins Hospital – $525,000
- $75,000 – Dr. Patrick Brown for Research in Leukemia
- $75,000 – Dr. Christine A. Pratilas for Research in NF1-associated cancer
- $75,000 – Dr. Eric H. Raabe for Research in Medullablastoma
- $100,000 – Dr. Jeffrey Rubens 4th Annual GIANT FOOD NEXTGEN AWARD
- $200,000 – Toward $1.5 M Pledge for The Children’s Cancer Foundation, Inc. Pediatric Oncology Outpatient Unit in the Bloomberg Children’s Tower
The Children’s Inn at the National Institutes of Health – $33,000
- $8,000 – Funding a 3rd “Shirley’s Kids” Respite Weekend
- $25,000 – Funding a Education/Youth Program
Children’s National Health System – $150,000
- $75,000 – Dr. Patrick Hanley for Research in Leukemia and others treated
- $75,000 – Dr. Mona Elmacken for Research in Neroblastoma
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center – $175,000
- $100,000 – Dr. Jeffrey Toretsky – 2nd Annual recipient of the Annual Force 3 Award for Research in Ewing Sarcoma
- $75,000 – Dr. Aykut Uren for Research in Ewing Sarcoma
University of Maryland Medical Center – $20,000
- Toward the pledge for The Children’s Cancer Foundation, Inc. Magic Castle in the Maryland Proton Treatment Center