Dear Friend –
Until this week, I was hopeful that we could move forward on the 5th Annual CCF Research Symposium, scheduled for June 3rd. However, between the most recent projections and our colleagues in the community experiencing shrinking staffs and hectic schedules, it seemed prudent to postpone the Symposium.

For those who submitted abstracts, thank you. At this time, we will not review the submissions until we have a plan for a rescheduled event. We hope that we soon will have a better picture of what options we can consider for later this year.

I thank you for your participation. I am pleased to report that we received nearly 30 abstracts, despite the uncertainty. I am disappointed to forego the Symposium in June, but know it is the appropriate thing to do right now.


Jeff Toretsky, M.D.
Chair, CCF Scientific Advisory Board
Chief, Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center

Share This Story