Contact: Lauren Lasher, CCF
September 14, 2017
The Children’s Cancer Foundation, Inc.’s 2017 Pediatric Cancer Research Grants awarded to researchers at Johns Hopkins, Georgetown, Children’s National, and the National Cancer Institute
(COLUMBIA, MD)- The Children’s Cancer Foundation (CCF), a 501(c)3 non-profit that raises funds for programs, facilities, and research that focus on treatments and cures pediatric cancer, recently notified nine pediatric oncology researchers in the Baltimore-Washington area that their grant requests had been accepted.
Every year, CCF selects researchers investigating promising approaches to find treatments and cures for a variety of childhood cancers. For 2017, those specific cancers include leukemia, DIPG (an aggressive form of brain tumors), retinoblastoma, Ewing’s Sarcoma, and Osteosarcoma.
The CCF Pediatric Cancer Grant awardees for 2017 are:
- Patrick Hanley, Ph.D. Children’s National Medical Center
- Joanna Kitlinska, Ph.D. Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center
- Michael Koldobskiy, M.D., Ph.D. Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Brian Ladle, M.D., Ph.D. Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Eric Raabe, M.D., Ph.D. Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Jeffrey Rubens, M.D. Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Haneen Shalabi, D.O. (5th Annual Giant Food NextGen Award)National Cancer Institute
- Jeffrey Toretsky, M.D. (3rd Annual Force 3 Fellowship Award) Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center
- Aykut Üren, M.D. Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center
The Baltimore-Washington region hosts some of the most ambitious and innovative work in pediatric cancer and CCF is proud to fund such research. Since 1983, CCF has raised $36.5 million in area research, facilities, and programs helping children and their families facing a diagnosis of cancer.
The grants will be presented at CCF’s 33rd Annual Gala, to be held November 4, 2017 at Valley Mansion by Martin’s in Hunt Valley, MD. Also receiving awards at the event are ROSS Companies, Regency Furniture, and The Jake Offutt Foundation for their outstanding philanthropic efforts to fight pediatric cancer.
Consideration for 2018 grants will begin in March 2018, with decisions being made in July 2018. For more information, please contact the CCF office at 443-546-4479, or visit the website at www.childrenscancerfoundation.org.
###Please share this!