Contact: Lauren Lasher, CCF
August 29, 2018
The Children’s Cancer Foundation, Inc.’s 2018 Pediatric Cancer Research Grants awarded to researchers at Johns Hopkins, Georgetown, Children’s National, and the National Cancer Institute
(COLUMBIA, MD)- The Children’s Cancer Foundation, Inc. (CCF), a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to finding better treatments and cures for pediatric cancer by funding programs, facilities, and research in the MD/DC/Northern VA region, recently notified nine pediatric oncology researchers that their grant requests had been accepted.
Every year, CCF selects researchers investigating promising approaches to find treatments and cures for a variety of childhood cancers. For 2018, those specific cancers include leukemia, neuroblastoma, retinoblastoma, and Ewing’s Sarcoma.
The CCF Research Grant awardees for 2018 are:
- Charles Eberhart, M.D., Ph.D. Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Patrick Hanley, Ph.D. Children’s National Health System
- Christine Heske, M.D., National Cancer Institute/NIH
- Joanna Kitlinska, Ph.D. Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center
- Micah Maxwell, Ph.D., M.D. (Giant Food CCF NextGen Award) Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Eric Raabe, M.D., Ph.D. Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Brian Rood, M.D., Children’s National Health System
- Jeffrey Rubens, M.D. Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Jeffrey Toretsky, M.D. (3rd Annual Force 3 Fellowship Award) Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center
The Baltimore-Washington region hosts some of the most ambitious and innovative work in pediatric cancer and CCF is proud to fund such research. Since 1983, CCF has raised $37.6 million in area research, facilities, and programs helping children and their families facing a diagnosis of cancer.
The grants will be awarded at CCF’s 34th Annual Gala, to be held November 3, 2018 at Valley Mansion by Martin’s in Cockeysville, MD. Also receiving awards at the event are Safeway and Tom Lofland, President, Safeway Eastern Division, Noah Grove, and Azrael, Franz, Schwab & Lipowitz, LLC for their outstanding philanthropic efforts to fight pediatric cancer.
Consideration for 2019 grants will begin in March 2019, with decisions being made in July 2019. For more information, please contact the CCF office at 443-546-4479, or visit the website at www.childrenscancerfoundation.org.
Please share this!