Contact: Lauren Lasher, CCF
August 8, 2019
The Children’s Cancer Foundation, Inc. announces the 2019 CCF Research Grant awardees
Nine selected researchers represent Johns Hopkins, Georgetown, Children’s National, and the National Cancer Institute
(COLUMBIA, MD)- The Children’s Cancer Foundation, Inc. (CCF), a 501(c)3 non-profit, committed to funding locally-based researchers, programs and facilities until every child is assured a healthy future, will present grants to nine local pediatric oncology researchers at the 35th Annual Gala, to be held November 2, 2019 at Martin’s Crosswinds, in Greenbelt, MD.
Every year, CCF tasks an independent panel of nationally-recognized pediatric cancer researchers to review and select exceptional proposals focused on a range of cancer types including leukemia, rhabdomyosarcoma, glioblastoma and Ewing sarcoma. The CCF Research Grant awardees for 2019 are:
- Charles Eberhart, M.D., Ph.D. Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Joanna Kitlinska, Ph.D., Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center
- Yanxin Pei, Ph.D., Children’s National
- Lei Peng, M.D., Johns Hopkins Medicine (Giant Food CCF NextGen Award)
- Eric Raabe, M.D., Ph.D. Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Cara Rabik, M.D., Ph.D. Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Nirali Shah, M.D. National Cancer Institute/NIH
- Jeffrey Toretsky, M.D. (4th Annual Force 3 Fellowship Award) Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center
- Ayküt Uren, M.D. Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center
The Baltimore-Washington region is home to some of the most ambitious and innovative work in the pediatric cancer field. Since 1983, CCF has proudly raised over $38 million in area research, facilities, and programs helping children and their families facing a diagnosis of cancer.
Consideration for 2020 grants begin in February 2020, with decisions made in July 2020. For more information, please contact the CCF office at 443-546-4479, or visit the website at www.childrenscancerfoundation.org.
The Children’s Cancer Foundation is committed to funding locally-based researchers, programs and facilities until every child is assured a healthy future. Founded in 1983, and currently based in Columbia, MD, The Children’s Cancer Foundation, Inc. (CCF) has awarded grants of over $38 million to area hospitals and researchers to more effectively treat children facing a diagnosis of cancer. CCF concentrates on raising funds locally and partners with local hospitals in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. area. More about CCF can be found by visiting: childrenscancerfoundation.org. The Children’s Cancer Foundation, Inc., is tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3).Please share this!