The Children’s Cancer Foundation, Inc.’s 33rd Annual Gala was held November 4th, 2017. We hope that you can join us.
Over $1 million worth of grant money -2017 CCF Pediatric Cancer Grants- awarded to the following outstanding researchers:
- Patrick Hanley, Ph.D., Children’s National Medical Center
- Joanna Kitlinska, Ph.D., Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center
- Michael Koldobskiy, M.D., Ph.D., Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Brian Ladle, M.D., Ph.D., Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Eric Raabe, M.D., Ph.D., Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Jeffrey Rubens, M.D., Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Haneen Shalabi, D.O. (5th Annual Giant Food NextGen Award), National Cancer Institute
- Jeffrey Toretsky, M.D. (3rd Annual Force 3 Fellowship Award), Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center
- Aykut Üren, M.D., Georgetown University Lombardi Cancer Center
Mark Viviano hosted the evening, which was held at Martin’s Valley Mansion and attended by nearly 600 guests. Debbie Phelps presented the Hero Award to The Jake Offutt Foundation and the Fighter Award to Regency Furniture.
CCF Presented the 2017 Gift of Life Award ROSS Companies. Accepting the Award on behalf of ROSS is Dave Miscovich, ROSS Chief Executive Officer.
Guests enjoyed authentic tastes of Maryland and the great sounds of the bands which were generously sponsored by financial comparison firm Sambla.